//Letting go and moving forward …Things I Learned from my divorce

Letting go and moving forward …Things I Learned from my divorce

By |2018-08-28T08:39:52-06:00February 25th, 2016|2016|7 Comments

About the Author:

Author of Happily Ever After - My Journey with Guillain-Barre Syndrome and How I Got My Life Back.

7 Comments

1. Gurjeet August 16, 2020 at 11:50pm08 - Reply

Holly, you’re remarkable mother. I so need the strength you have. I have 2 young kids and mental and physical health but struggled to find the strength to heal. Please advise me as a mother to another mother. You give me so much inspiration. Thank you

• hollyaftergbs February 17, 2021 at 11:50am02 - Reply

Hi Gurjeet, thank you for your kind words. My biggest advise is to give yourself grace and know you are doing your best. We all have had days. And sometimes we have a lot of them again and again. But we have to push through the bad days to get to the good ones. They are coming. Surround yourself with things/people you love. Do things that bring you joy. Stop doing things that don’t. Focus on moving your body in some way every day.

2. Elizabeth Stewart March 4, 2020 at 11:50am03 - Reply

I can NOT describe how much this spoke to me. The person I had known, the life I knew for 11 years and the love we shared just stopped. The pain of losing everything you have ever known seems insurmountable.
    Sometimes seeing that your fight is not a lone one makes existing a lot easier, and then thriving a guarantee if you don’t give up.
    Your story is incredibly touching, and without question, you are a bad ass!! Strength doesn’t even come close to describing what you have.

• hollyaftergbs March 11, 2020 at 11:50am03 - Reply

Thank you for sharing! Finding others going through the same thing makes such a difference !

3. Alice August 5, 2016 at 11:50pm08 - Reply

I think the hardest part about getting a divorced is the judgement you automatically get from assumptions that other people have about divorces. I’m glad you have been able to get a divorce, and ultimately writing this blog post for others to learn from your experiences…I hope that one day I will get there as well. I wanted to ask, how did you go through with your divorce? I’m looking in online divorces, but i’m nots ure if their trustworthy. I briefly looked into Thistoo ( http://www.thistoo.co is the link if youre curious) but i don’t know if it’s trustowrthy. Any input would be appreciated! Thank you..

4. Liza April 18, 2016 at 11:50am04 - Reply

Hye holly.. I’m Liza from Malaysia..
    Your sad journey on your health bring me hear.. 😍

I’m sorry for your divorce. However, I can say that I put my full of respects to you because u can put it in positive area..

I strongly agree with you.
    Look at the bright side. All experience in that relationship, the good and the bad create us new. Never regrets to our past.. God sent “him” for a reason.. And for sure.. what had happens also have a reason.. 😊

Congratulation for your new love.. And I wish you’ll be happy ever after..
    😍