Advertisements
//When your body say’s NO

When your body say’s NO

Advertisements
By |2018-08-27T21:46:16+00:00October 18th, 2017|2017|7 Comments

About the Author:

Author of Happily Ever After - My Journey with Guillain-Barre Syndrome and How I Got My Life Back.

7 Comments

1. Carina November 1, 2017 at 11:50pm11 - Reply

it’s the same for me, I get so tired I cannot do anything and I end up taking a day off work Sleeping it and this comes when I stress and I didn’t have this before. I had gbs in March 17, spent 4 weeks in hospital, had to learn to walk take care❤️

2. hirag October 20, 2017 at 11:50am10 - Reply

stay strong and be patient

3. Anonymous October 19, 2017 at 11:50pm10 - Reply

Take it easy

4. Anonymous October 19, 2017 at 11:50pm10 - Reply

Take it easy

5. Anonymous October 19, 2017 at 11:50pm10 - Reply

I was struck with ME (Myalgic Encephemyolitis), may be similar to Chronic Fatgue Syndrome but has different symptoms. I know about this fatigue and the personality of a ‘type A’ personality. From experience, slow down, do not run yourself out of energy. That energy that you gain from bedrest needs to be used for recovery. I always used my energy to the limit. Had to leave my job but still had a family to raise. I am now absolutely home bound and much of the time in my fantastic tempurpedic automatic (head and feet levels raise). So important because my orthostatic intolerance is severe. Your main priority needs to be managing this illness and yes, the emotional turmoil is extremely high mainly because of peoples’ ignorance. It is good of you to educate and I know where you are coming from and it has nothing to do with pity or sympathy. This illness will reveal the incredible strength of character. Kind regards…Lee-Anne

• hollyaftergbs March 30, 2018 at 11:50pm03 - Reply

Thank you very much 🙏🏼 I am definitely learning about slowing down

6. Angela Grossole October 18, 2017 at 11:50pm10 - Reply

Holly, I’m glad you are not in relapse. Living with the fact that it could happen again is terrifying.😯 I’ve been following you on Instagram and seen how youve progressed. I have pushed myself to exercise knowing it’s beneficia to keep going, (i dont look as fit as you💪😁) but i continue having your story in mind because i know that it can be done👍its just the juggling of everything else….work, social, study, parenting, housekeeping! You are inspirational, thankyou for sharing your story. I can relate to the level of gbs residuals you have. I’m 4 years post.